Saturday 7 January 2017

Final Animation

bouncer animation from Joe Boon on Vimeo.

This is my final animation, I have made some small alterations and added sound effects. Adding the sounds was fairly straight forward, the main problem was trying to find sounds that fit the tone of the animation and worked together. It took a while to find a scream sound effect that was long enough to fit the animation, in the end I had to use two of them together. I downloaded lots of them and eventually managed to find two that matched. I added a background of forest sounds with birds tweeting and footsteps/movement to the transitions between pages. I wanted to use sounds to give an idea of the scale of the ogre/giant but because he doesn't move much throughout the animations I couldn't use footsteps. I found so very deep bassy breathing sounds that I thought could create more of an atmosphere to the sting. The ogre makes small movements that are very important to the narrative and I wanted to add more emphasis to them so looked for crying and sighing sounds that matched the bassy breathing. I left the end credits silent to begin with but the abrupt finish to the sounds made it seem unfinished. Even the subtle background forest noise that is barely audible at points suddenly becomes a lot stronger when it is taken away and replaced with silence.
I have a friend who is a music producer and sound engineer who asked if he could have a go at creating audio for this animation as well, I think it will be useful to see how he goes about it and compare it to my own. Hopefully I can pick up some techniques from analysing his version of the audio.

No comments:

Post a Comment