Wednesday 4 January 2017

Feedback

It was really goo to get back to college today and get some feedback from the tutors. I thought I was close to finished with my Adrian Mole book cover and wanted to get some feedback before adding the text to the back of the book.


I wanted to arrange the lettering in a block down the centre of the page but didn't take into account that by doing this I would make 'THE' and 'OF' the biggest words on the page, drawing attention to the least important elements of the title. I want to shrink down the text of these two words but keep the block format of the title. I thought I could add a dash at either side of the words but that could be confusing. I then thought about making the dashes into pencils or pens. I am going to try this idea and see if it works without making the title unclear. it was also pointed out to me today that the colour blue used for a character often signifies strong emotion, that coupled with the character looking down means the character looks depressed, this is not something I wanted to communicate so I will have to change the colour. I think using a skin to could unbalance the cover. White could work but might be too bold, I will try out a few different options to see if I can find something that works. I really like the hair as part of the composition but it looks like a beehive haircut and makes the character look slightly feminine. I am going to experiment with the hairline and the shape of the hair to try and find a solution that doesn't effect the composition negatively. I am also going to add some spots to the characters face as they are part of the story, I don't want to add too much to the cover though, as it is already quite a busy composition. I am glad I waited to get feedback before going any further. Today has been incredibly useful. I hadn't thought of any of these things but they seemed obvious as soon as they were pointed out to me. learning these considerations is important for my practice and I will need to keep them in mind for future projects. Especially hierarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment