Tuesday 10 January 2017

Analysis


Looking at my finished book there are a few things I think could improve the finish. I would like to have printed the book on paper with a deckle-edge if possible but because I was using digital printing to finish my book and the scale of each illustration I was limited to a few paper choices. I normally use textured paper for my digital work because it adds another dimension to vectored shapes but because I was going to have to fold the paper to make the concertina I only had a couple of paper choices available to me. I used grey board for my book cover but looking at it now I think a matt black cover would have worked much better making the page showing through the key hole appear more vibrant. I like the raw unfinished look of grey board with no cover but I am not sure it suits my book. I found some high quality paper to make my belly band for the book, I found a colour to match the illustrations in the book and lino printed the title onto it. I think I could have spent more time designing the belly band and experimented with different colours. When I was researching book cover i saw some belly bands that hade patterns cut into them that I think would suit my book . I have another print off of my book so I am going to try and find some thick matt black card to use as a cover. I have been trying to get some good quality photographs of my book but the scale of the illustrations makes it difficult to photograph all in one with the images laid flat.




No comments:

Post a Comment