Wednesday 28 December 2016

Roald Dahl 3


I made a mock up of one of my designs for the 'BFG'. I used the colours form the 'Roald Dahl Foundation' logo so that the illustrations compliment the logo and work along side it. I think I need to keep experimenting, I am not that keen on the results and if I start to alter the tones of the colours the idea will become unclear. I could try and use the colours over the 3 scenes so that together they make up the colour scheme of the logo or try to incorporate the lettering into the images. There is a kite in the logo that could be added to my illustrations on a small scale without being obtrusive.


I like the scale of the illustration but the image looks too flat. I want the emotions to be clearer, the girl should appear scared and the giant more angry. I want to giant to look more like he is searching. Overall the composition too balanced, it lacks movement and doesn't create a sense of what the characters are doing. I think this composition might work better with more limited colours. The giant and the background could all be tomes of the same colour with the girl standing out bold in the foreground in a contracting colour. In this scene the girl then hides in a snozzcumber and almost gets eaten, I could either illustrate her hiding inside it or the point just before the giant takes a bite out of it, that could add more movement to the scene while marinating the same contrasts in scale and character.

No comments:

Post a Comment