Friday 2 December 2016

Happy

Feeling much happier about the Adrian Mole brief after yesterdays crit. I have started roughing out ideas again incorporating the text into the illustration and using it to help me communicate Adrian Moles character and the narrative of the book. I got some good advice today, that as an illustrator I should treat text in the same way I treat my illustrations and see them as one. I have adapted two of my previous designs to incorporate the text and I think I have found a way to combine them that improves the image rather then overcomplicating and adding constraints. I want to make sure I spend more time roughing out a variety of options and fine tuning all aspects of the compositions before I try and make a final image. I have been researching the characters from the book, I have re-read sections of the book tried to find reviews/reflections on the book where people talk about how they view each of the characters. It is easy to find descriptions of the characters in the book that talk about their personality or appearance but as the book has been around for a long time I want to find out the lasting impression that the characters have left on the readers.

More research and more roughing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment