Tuesday 13 December 2016

Bouncer animation

I spent ages today trying to animate the bouncer page from my book. I am still struggling with the best way to import my images from illustrator. I have tried every combination of import settings and still have problems. Sometimes the layers have been mixed up and moved around the composition. Sometimes all the layers are treated as being the same scale as the entire composition which can make it difficult to make certain adjustments such as rotation. Once I finally managed to import my files I tried to work with them as vectors so that I could start with the image zoomed into the birds face then zoom out to show the entire composition. My computer struggled to keep up with this process even with the resolution dropped very low (every 30 pixels). This made it very hard to see how well my animation was working. I also struggled to get all the layers to scale together and kept finding that one or two of the layers had shifted or scaled differently. After a few hours I decided to leave this section of the animation out until we get back in January and I can ask advice during the support session. The rest of the animation went well, I have animated the moon moving across the page, the first attempt I made was much too fast and was a distraction from the characters. I have tried to slow it down and use the moon to highlight the characters faces. I am still not sure if it works or is just a distraction from the narrative. I am going to show the animation to a few people and try to get some feedback.


bouncer video 1 from Joe Boon on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment