Saturday 10 December 2016

Cover template


I have made some changes to my book covers adding the extra information that was stated in the brief. It has been tough to add all the information without distracting from the composition. I have had to get used to the fact that the large amount of text will be a major part of the book cover and try to make it work as an integral part of the composition. I wanted to make it fun and bold, something that is not only clear and easy to read but appealing as well. I put the front and back cover together  the template of the cover from the brief.

I am not sure if the back cover works with the barcode box, I already had to move the character to the side to be visible but I think he looks a bit lost next to the box. I could raise the ground level up to just about the box and shorten the speech bubble. The only problems would be I would have less room for the text and the line of the book and ground wouldn't match up across the front and back cover. I will have to add the text to see if it is a viable idea. I made the speech bubble in a light pink to soften the contrast but looking at it now I think maybe white or just off white would work better. I tried a couple of different colours for the new text at the top and bottom of the front cover, I was thinking maybe a darker orange similar to the rest of the text or this blue. I think this colour balances the composition and makes it clear the authors name is separate from the title of the book.

I need to design the spine of the book next. I want to keep it as simple as possible, just big, bold text that stands out and catches the eye. behind all of the narrative and characters from the book I want the cover to be bold and fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment