Monday 18 January 2016

Fading away


This is my final design for the 'fading away' page of the book, I tried a few different opacities to try and get a good balance to the characters. I needed it to be clear that the bolder of the two was still faded but maintain a clear difference between the two. I have also changed to colour of the background to match my mums clothing, I want this to show a link between the two in terms of nature and spirit. This is the first page where the character of my mum isn't physically present in the scene so I needed a way to show this and that she had gone. This represents a very sad time for me and I wanted it to communicate this as well as I could and in a way that would resonate with anyone looking at the book. This page leads on to the final page where my mum reappears in my thoughts and inspires me to make this book. I wanted to end the book positively as she is the inspiration of the book and it is happy memories that form that inspiration.




No comments:

Post a Comment