Monday 18 January 2016

More Characters


I wasn't sure how much information to add from the research I did. I wanted to show the council house my mum lived in as a kid because it was the setting of lots of her happy memories and was an important feature of Sheffield at that time but it seemed like I was trying to force way too much information into each image. these images are examples of trying to make the right decisions regarding these choices. The addition of the house in first image adds nothing to the narrative and would need an entire book of its own to explain its relevance. In the second photo I tried to show how imposing the school was and use it as well as the nun to communicate the meeting of two very different worlds with my granddad in his work clothing.
I also wanted to communicate the hard work my Grandad had to do to be able to send my mum to the school. I originally wanted to make this page using a series of images but decided that it would take away from the impact of each individual illustration.


This is the starting idea for one of the pages that means a lot to me and I also designed as a series of images. This was the only page I was going to keep as a series until we had the group crit and the rest of the group thought the message could be conveyed with a single image



No comments:

Post a Comment