Thursday 21 January 2016

Final Piece





These are some of the pages from my book finished and printed out. I printed it using the laser printer but I think I could of got a better finish using the larger ink jet printers on a heavier stock of paper. There are small imperfections in the printing around the edges of shapes that you don't seem to get with an ink jet. I also think the book would have had a better and more professional feel to it if the cover was printed on a heavier stock than the rest of the pages. It is still unclear whether my choice of design process for this piece of work is suitable for the subject matter but as an experiment it has been very informative. The feedback form the show and tell seemed to suggest people had understood the narrative and had had an emotional response to it, so I have managed to achieve my goal to some level success. If presented with the same challenge again I would go about it differently but would be more confident and apply the lessons I have learned throughout this creative process. I have found it challenging to try and create images that generate an emotional response form the viewer, it is very difficult to judge subtlety in storytelling over a project like this one. Trying to judge your own success at clearly but intriguingly communicating a subject when you know the whole story and so have a different perspective that the viewer presents a difficult problem. feedback from other people is extremely helpful! I think I need to try and take a step back from my work more often to try and take an objective look at all the aspects to see which can be improved or removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment