Saturday 2 January 2016

research 3

 I drew up a list if page ideas for the book to see how it would work in the structure of 12 pages. I think a few of the pages will need to split or laid out like a graphic novel. I have been thinking a lot about layout as i think this will be key if the book is going to work well. I could use different methods to break up the pages, i have already thought that the sections of the book that are memories could be framed in a thought bubble. I could start this idea with thought bubbles coming from the people attending the funeral on one of the early pages.





 This is my first sketch for the page showing my mums first day at high school being dropped off by my grandad. I want to add another section to this page that shows my grandad working in the steel mills to pay for the school uniform.I layout this page like a storyboard showing the progression from hard work to getting paid to buying the uniform.The final image will be similar to this one, I want the page to show the contrast between the two worlds as well as the hard word that lead to the final image.


This was my first sketch for my mum moving to London and hating being stuck in the city. after looking back at this image i think there are better options for the layout of this page, I could show my mum on a packed tube train which would illustrate the busy stressful city and have a thought bubble rising out of the train to show her thinking of the countryside. In the thought bubble she could be sat on a hill smiling or walking through the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment