Wednesday 20 January 2016

Textures

When I started looking into how to add textures I watched some tutorials on youtube to help me with certain processes in Adobe Illustrator and by chance found a link to a video showing easy ways to create textures. The process involved printing of solid black a4 sheets and and crumpling or rubbing them on a variety of surfaces to create different textures. I experimented with a few surfaces and got some good results.
 This texture was the first one I made and I put too much pressure on the paper, The texture may come in useful for a later project but I wasn't very happy with it.


I made this texture by standing on the paper on tarmac. I think this could be very useful for a wide variety of vector artwork to break up sold shapes and add some depth.


I think this texture came out really well, I made it using a wooden chopping board and you can see the knife marks in the wood. The texture looks like skin or an old photograph.


This was the simplest but one of the most effective of the techniques. simply crumpling the paper into a ball. If done well could be used for broken glass or a spiders web.

No comments:

Post a Comment