Monday 18 January 2016

The crit


I drew up ideas for every page of the book except one and brought them to the crit. Overall the feedback was good and I felt that the messages in the book were clear could resonate with a range of people not just those who have had similar experiences. I got some really good ideas from the crit that has led me to change certain aspects.

The main ideas I got from the crit are
  • To move the second to last page to the beginning! This makes a lot of sense in explaining the concept of the book rather than throwing it in at the end. I think it also increases the impact of both images when they are not directly next to each other. This is something that has really stood out as a reason to try and step back and view work from a new perspective. this is an idea that I would have thought would be obvious but I didn't see it myself as I got too set on my original storyline.
  • To change the image of my mum fading away to one image to match the rest of the book. It was suggested that I could just use the image of me by myself and that it would get the message across. I like the fading away character idea so will try to use this idea in a single image.
  • To simplify the characters down to to even more basic shapes and see how much information is needed to tell the story. I have since this altered the characters and removed a lot of detail and think it changes the feel of the book.
  • To add textures to the designs to combine with the block shapes and add to depth to the images. I tried to do this with the backgrounds of the images using textures of old photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment