Saturday 12 March 2016

Greetings From ... Honlulu shoe


I have addressed the ideas discussed in the crit and tried to make this design more balanced and both through colour and structure.



the Mynah bird has been changed quite drastically to make it fit the shape of a heal and cuff of a trainer. The back of the bird is shaped to look like a pair of Nike yeezy trainers and I have decided to remove one of the legs from the design to fit in with the solid form of the show and not create a clash of perspectives. I was not happy with the sole of this shoe, I tried to base it on the vulcanised rubber sole that is typical of vans trainers but the solid shape felt as it it was separated from the rest of the shoe. I tried to remedy this problem in a few different ways. first I added some shape to the top of the sole to try and make it interact with the other objects and added another tone of blue to break up the the solid shape that was overpowering the rest of the shoe. I removed some of the waves from the sole and added some new white detail to create more dynamic shapes within the sole. I tried to do this without over complicating the design, I think the similar colours help to prevent this. I added the grip to the bottom of the shoe as it has helped with my previous designs, it makes a huge difference to recognizing the forms as a shoe. the balance of the image still felt wrong so I changed the height of the sole and think it has helped the overall shape of the shoe.



 Finally I changed the shape of the front of the shoe, the nose of the shark face didn't fit the silhouette of the trainer. I want the shark to represent the front of a fighter plane and the fishing industry in Honolulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment