Tuesday 1 March 2016

Greetings From ... Aberdeen Sneaker 2



These are pictures of my second attempt at designing a trainer based on Aberdeen. I have tried to move away from the shapes of the trainer the image is based on and used objects to make up the form. I think this should make the image more interesting and draw the eye to the individual elements.


The front of the shoe remains the same as my previous design. I think the ship front fits the form of the trainer. I changed the tongue of the shoe to a granite tower representing Aberdeen's architecture. I have made the sole of the shoe more dynamic and free flowing to better represent the sea. The back of the shoe is made up of flowers from the Britain in Bloom festival, I have replaced the solid panels with flower patterns. 

The Aberdeen flag is red and depicts 3 towers or castles. I wanted the flags to be fitting to the city but did not want to overload them with too much detail. I had the idea earlier to made the laces out of thread being sown into the shoe with a needle but decided to change the needle to a spindle in this design to maintain the overall shape of the shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment