Thursday 10 March 2016

Composition



I have managed to lose my roughs for this task but will continue to search for them. I am going to try the same process again with a different subject matter to try and explore composition further. This process was very interesting to me, I have always played with composition but without really knowing what I was doing and without researching the principles involved in it. I used to rearrange objects in a composition until I found a combination of scale and place that I liked. the ideas discussed in this presentation will make me work in a very different way. I want to start projects with a series of very quick roughs that use the principles in the handout to test out ideas. I am not saying that I will always abide by all these rules but they are something I will consider in my work from now on.





These are redrawn ruffs.




I didn't want to add the black to this piece but the copics markers I was using ran out. I think the composition works using the line of sight to initially draw attention to the character then create a link with the lighthouse. I tried to use the detail in the see to exaggerate the distance between the two points of interest. I think the extra colours in the sky distract from the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment