Saturday 5 March 2016

3d Craft and Lens


I struggled with this task as I was ill for the time we had to complete it so couldn't complete it they way I originally wanted to. I am a keen photographer so wanted to use lens as my focus for this task. i have also been working with spraypaint for many years and wanted to do something using this method to show my chosen superpower. I have previously used stretch wrap and paint to create the illusion of floating objects and thought this may be a good avenue to explore. I wanted to create the illusion of me having wings, I was hoping to stage this piece in woodland and use trees to hold up the stretch wrap and paint the wings on site. due to being ill I couldn't get to a location that would have worked, I tried to find ways of suspending the stratch wrap in my garden but could not find a way to make it work. 

i decided that i would have to abandon the idea and come up with something I could make work in my house. the location and lighting were not ideal but i could alter my ideas to fit the location I had available to me. i still wanted to create and illusion using photography so searched my house for ideas. I have been collecting trainers for years and thought they would make an interesting addition to the piece. in the end i decided to try and make it appear as though I was making the shoes levitate. I managed to find an old sowing kit and a cane to tie the threads to. I tested the thread to make sure it would be able to take the weight of the shoes. 


I like the final image in terms of the composition of the shoes and character but would ideally have liked to change the location and lighting. it would have been good to make this composition outside somewhere where it would not have obvious how the shoes are suspended or somewhere more fitting for the subject matter like a shoe shop. if I could have completed my previous idea of the wings i would have liked to have used a building with large windows to paint on instead of stretch wrap as the wrap is not as clear as I would like. I could have used a clear laminate to cover the windows so as not to damage them or leave any permanent marks. 

Making this image has given me ideas that I would like to use in my photography and highlighted constraints involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment