Friday 19 February 2016

characters 4


For the idea of loneliness I came up with the idea of a man sat at a bar by himself  whose only friend is a ladybird walking along the bar. 




I started to draw the character in different scenarios and they became more positive and changed to an idea of friendship rather than loneliness. 


I like the bold colours of the ladybird and the block shapes of the beard and bald head but think the eyes could be simplified to just black dots, The colours don't contrst enough and and seem to take away from the facila expression rather than add to it. I am really enjoying working with cut paper and think it could be very useful for making a Gif with some fixed elements and other that can be moved or replaced to shoe movement.


I made a larger collage to show the original scene. I like the difference in scale between the characters and the posture of the character hunched over the bar. I thought I could add a peanut on the bar that the man was using to get the ladybird to be his friend. 

I want to use this as my first Gif and then see how I can incorporate the characters or concepts to the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment