Friday 19 February 2016

character 3


I started to draw some bear characters that I wanted to use for the for the idea of lethargy as they sleep all winter but the character quite quickly turned into a seal. 



I like the blank expression on the seals face and the simplicity of the character so decided to see what he looked like in some scenarios so I chose the spaceship idea from the original words I started with.


The space ship opens up some interesting possibilities for making the Gif that could be very simple or quite complex. In the scene on the left I could show the stars flying past the spaceship and change the facial expressions of the character excitement turning to fear. in the second one I could show the movement of the spaceship using the placement of the earth in the window.

I looked at Rebecca Mock's work. She creates complex images with movement kept to a minimum in most cases. These subtle movements are considered and add atmosphere or extra meaning to her work. This is a very interesting way to create complex images as it draws you into the scene. I like detailed digital work and adding these movements opens up a new dimension of possibilities. It reminds me of some scenes from Studio Ghibli films where there will be a huge intricate painted scene with one small element moving, like a flag blowing in the wind. This combined with carefully considered composition help me create a powerful atmosphere in a piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment