Friday 19 February 2016

Character 2


I was looking at ways to use the idea of showing off or being overconfident and started to look at animals that seem to be showing off. I looked at the birds of paradise that that dance and put on shows, one of them manages to look like a character from Studio Ghibli.
I looked ta tree frogs that expand their throat massively and though it would make an interesting visual and open up possibilities for concepts, the change of scale could also be good to explore.


I was thinking I could add a facial expression painted onto the frogs throat to change its character to something completely different to work with its change in appearance. The frog could change from small and cute to huge and scary in a second.





The next animal I wanted to try and illustrate was a peacock as it fits perfectly into the idea of being a show off, I sketching the bird looking plain with its tail hidden and the in its full glory displaying its tail. I though it might be fun to make a peacock even more of a show off by portraying it taking part in other activities like riding a unicycle on one leg. I used cut paper to experiment with the ways I could illustrate a peacock as colour is a very important part of this character and the cut paper allows me to make a crisp image that had a very nice crafted fell and texture to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment