Friday 19 February 2016

Characters 5



This is the link to the first Gif that I have made. I scanned in the collage of the man sat at the bar and altered it in Adobe Illustrator to make each individual frame. I have gone a fair way over the recommended 25 frames to a total of 78 but I needed to to make the animation work fairly smoothly. 
I would like to make this Gif again using cut paper and no digital illustration as it takes away lots of the qualities of the original work.

This is my only Gif that isn't a square. I tried to think of ways to make the scene work to the set dimensions but adding to the top or bottom or even both would have had a negative effect on the composition. There would either be too much blank space around the characters or I could add some extra elements which would take emphasis away from the characters and movements.

I am really happy with the composition and how loneliness is portrayed in this piece, I also like the feeling of crafting I achieved by building the characters up from cut paper however I think a lot of that has become lost when I moved it into a vector format. I think the character manages to communicate the emotion of the scenario however I would like work more on animating the mouth. The movements and change of shape are too stuttered and do not seem to match the way that the image is put together. Everything else in the Gif is made up of very simple movements and I think the changes to the mouth should be more subtle to create a cohesive animation that tells the story to full effect.





No comments:

Post a Comment