Monday 1 May 2017

Trying something different

I have been really struggling with this project over the last week, I have not liked anything I have worked on, Just before Easter I felt like I made a breakthrough but taking a break from the project to work on other modules meant I felt a bit lost when I came back to work on it. I tried something different to try and get back on track and find some inspiration.


This was based on an idea I had to help me show the dogs facial expression even though he was facing the polar bear. I liked the idea because it helped to show the size difference between them as well as creating a connection between the two characters. I am not happy with this piece, I think the aesthetic and character design is wrong for a children's book, the scene feels a bit edgy and uneasy. I think given the small amount of time I have left I need to revisit my previous designs and try to approach them from a fresh perspective to improve the compositions to concentrate more on character and narrative. I think the idea behind this composition is good but I rushed my development of it because I am worried about the deadline. Starting to try and develop new processes at this stage will be too stressful and cause me to rush my work too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment