Monday 1 May 2017

Sleeping Dogs


This page is one of the turning points of the book as it is the point where the dog first starts to question his identity. I am not sure yet how to finish this composition. I thought about having the bed with the dogs quite small in the bottom right hand corner of the page to try and create that feeling of lying awake at night surrounded by darkness. The lettering could be quite large and bold on this page as it is the big moment of realisation. I have tried to keep a constant colour scheme even thought he page is much darker than the others by using darker tones of the same pink landscape. I think I should try the same illustration with blue to see if it seems more moody and gives a clearer feeling of being the middle of the night. I have illustrated the other dogs fairly close to the background colours so that the main dog character stands out on the page and also because him looking so different is one of the reasons he feels unsure if he belongs. I was thinking of having a range of tones in the background like light shining in through the window from a streetlight but I haven't used tones in that way on any of the other pages, I think I should still try it as it could really improve the image and add a sense of atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment