Tuesday 2 May 2017

Re-think

I talked to the tutors today and it really helped me get some perspective on my work. I had convinced my self I did not have time to finish adding textures and tones to my illustrations and was looking for ways to simplify the process. I was also panicking about whether what I had made was right for the brief and what my final illustrations would need to be. The submission briefing really helped me to clarify what I need to do and gave me confidence. I need to look more at where my practice fits within the creative industries and the applications for my work. I am going to look in more depth at how illustrators apply themselves. Getting feedback today also helped me make some final decisions about my work, I think I had been second guessing myself and over analysing the images. I have decided to go back to white backgrounds as the pages feel lighter and less claustrophobic. Having a white background also increases the used for the illustrations, they can be used as spot illustrations, t shirt designs and vinyl window displays to advertise the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment