Monday 1 May 2017

Improvements?

I have revisited the page where the dog character is looking in the bathroom mirror questioning his identity. I felt that the composition was way too simple before and needed to be changed. I have been thinking about how to change the scene and decided I should only add elements that make sense for the scene and help to create a connection with the character. I decided to add a chair to the image for the dog to stand on and be able to see into the mirror. It is a simple addition but highlights the difference between scale he really is and how he is beginning to see himself. I like the idea of telling the story of him dragging the chair over to have a look in the mirror trying to discover his identity, it is a simple idea but I think small touches like this add to the connection between the reader and the character, adding a back story, however small, to the image.


The chairs also stops the composition form floating in the middle of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment