Monday 8 May 2017

Project Proposal Revisited

I have looked back at my project proposal to try and evaluate whether I achieved the goals I set for my self. I have researched a illustrators from my original proposal looking at their use of composition, colour, shape and text. I have also read interviews to find out how they approach their work and interact with publishers. The target audience for my book has remained the same from beginning to end and so have my goals to create a "bold, fun, colourful picture book". My themes and subjects have remained the same, the aim of the book is to be enjoyable and engaging, able to teach life lessons without seeming overly educational or even preachy. I have not tested all the processes from my proposal, I aimed to experiment with screen as well as digital printing. as my illustrations developed I started to use more tones and colours which would have made it difficult to screen print. I could have screen printed individual elements of the book them digitally developed them into full page compositions however time constraints and poor planning lead me towards more accessible media. In the creative skills section of the proposal I talk about creating a full book experimenting with paper and cover materials. I did take part in the book binding class but did manage to illustrate the entire book in the time frame. I plan on finishing the book outside of this module. Even though I did not finish all the pages I should have researched paper types and looked more at cover materials used for children's books to expand my understanding of the processes involved in production.

As well as the illustrators I listed in my proposal I found a number of other through the course of this project whose work has helped to inform my practice both in terms of how they interact with publishers and approach brief and also the processes and methods they use to create their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment