Sunday 7 May 2017

Book Cover

I was reading through my feedback from the mega crit and a couple of people suggested making a book cover to finish off my project and better demonstrate how my illustrations would be applied to the product. This is very last minute but I think the suggestions are right and also the idea of a minimal cover would suit the contents/narrative of the book.


I made a cover an mocked it up using stock images to see how it would look. I didn't add a blurb to the back but I left space for it to be added my a publisher. I kept the cover simple using a white background the partially disguise the dog character to try and create intrigue when combined with the books title. I used colours from the pages of the book to make sure their is a consistent aesthetic and colour scheme. I want the book to be an appealing, high quality well designed product that is appealing just as a object as well as means to tell the story.






No comments:

Post a Comment