Friday 13 November 2015

Do Judge a Book by its Cover final Piece


 This is my final piece for the Do Judge a Book by its Cover brief. I am happy with the final outcome of this project and have enjoyed working on this final design after having problem with my work earlier in the brief. I think the design successfully communicates the theme of the book without being too blatant or staged in doing so. i think the design is interesting at catches the eye and that the image wrapping the entire cover adds a feeling of craft and quality.


 I think the colours I have chosen are bold enough to to be eye catching while still being appropriate to the subject of the book. I tried to use colours that represent the sombre feel of the books introduction and imagery that shows the harsh conditions of the subject. I think this would work well as a book cover, the only adjustments i would possibly make are slight changes to the colour of the title to make the text even clearer that it is already.  I would like to work on more briefs like this as the constraints of dimensions, concept and layout made me think a lot more about composition and communication than I am used to. I think avoiding obvious imagery and motifs has made the cover of the book more engaging and hopefully more appealing to the viewer.


No comments:

Post a Comment