Thursday 27 April 2017

Mirror


I started working on another one of the pages from my book. I have been trying to find ways to use a white background and silhouette the dog against the objects that make up the scene. I have found that some of my compositions that work well in the roughs are much harder to put together using shapes and a white background. On this page the two most important aspects are capturing the emotion of the dog and finding a way to add text that will work within the composition without breaking up the image. I have been thinking about simplifying the colours of the book, or even switching to a solid colour background the silhouette the dog character and make him stand out more from the rest of the image. I still think I can use the white background to create some interesting shapes and compositions on each page but need to experiment more with composition and definitely with colour. I have been concentrating on other modules that needed to be finished and left this project alone for a while which has made it hard to get back to my thought process for the pages I have already created but has also allowed me to take a step back and approach my work with a new perspective. I have some experiments I would like to try and I want to research some more children's picture books to inspire me to get back into this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment