Tuesday 4 April 2017

Adrian Mole Boards

Adrian Mole was probably the project I spent the most time on for studio brief 1, I decided on a an aesthetic for the cover quite quickly but spent a large amount of time testing out different compositions and refining the final outcome. It was a difficult project for me and taught me a lot about working to a brief, there is a large amount of text that needed to be included on the front and back of the cover and I wanted the text to become part of the illustration not separate the two. I have included my research into previous covers and interviews with the judges. I found an interview with one of the judges specifically about what they think makes a good book cover which was incredibly useful. I also included a brainstorm I made at the very beginning of the project based on my research. The roughs I made were primarily based around character and composition, it was only after I started making digital images that I began to look at combing the illustration and the text. I made a set of characters that are involved in the story then tried out different compositions to see how they could be included without over complicating the cover, I wanted Adrian Mole to be the main focus of the illustration and to try and show that the story is written from his perspective. On the final board I have included both an image of the book cover layout and a mock up of how the cover would look if made to show as clearly as possible my final outcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment