Monday 19 March 2018

Worm book pages- reworked from cop module



 this is the book I made for cop this year that I have decided to submit to a competition brief. I have had to make a number of changes although the vast majority of the illustration was already completed and not part of this module. The book was unfinished and already made up of 19 double page spreads. Way too many for the brief I am working on. I have 12 double page spreads to work with with a possible single page at the start and end providing I could successfully merge the first page and title page. The was not a problem as the first page of the book was a landscape shot to set the scene with no text, just a few details and hints at the narrative. I think it actually works better as a title page that it did it’s its original placement. I have had to remove certain aspects of the book such as the main character exploring ideas with her imaginary friend, this part of the story was included to demonstrate theories from my essay and is not essential to the narrative. I have kept the imaginary friend in the book as the overarching theme is imagination measured contrasted with reality. The imaginary friend helps to showcase the main characters imagination and provides a the opportunity for dialogue in the narrative. I have condensed some of the spreads together and made adjustments to there to fit the number of pages and also to improve links between narrative and illustration. I feel like taking some time away from this project allowed to to take a step back a evaluate it more effectively. I have rewritten sections of the text to fit the new page layout. I still need to add the text and will get some feedback on the book before submission

No comments:

Post a Comment