Saturday 10 February 2018

Roughs and Night Scenes




- a few changes to previous designs to aid the flow of the narrative, some pages need to convey a chain of events. I have chosen to concentrate on key moments from that pages narrative rather than try and illustrate all the text. I have tried this but the illustrations become confusing and squashed onto the page.

- I have been working on the nighttime scenes, I was trying previously to keep the illustrations as vignettes but found that the night scenes weren’t atmospheric enough.

- my recent roughs aren’t really how I would usually call roughs but my illustrations rely on colour and texture so I wanted to be able to give an impression of the finished illustration that I couldn’t achieve with rough line drawings

- I have been completing illustrations to varying degrees of completion and need to figure out how to make it clear which are the finished illustrations and which are still in progress. I don’t want any confusion to negatively effect my submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment