Sunday 25 February 2018

Book cover progress



The final 2 pages of this presentation I think are my strongest compositions. I like the composition of the second to last but I'm not use how well it will work once the text has been added to the design. I was just about set on that design for the front cover when I came up with another design that i thought worked well, a heart split in half with faces of the two main characters forming each side of the heart. I feel like this is a powerful visual that hints at the narrative of the book without giving anything away. It also moves away from the previous versions of the cover. I like both so will have to see if I can find a way to merge them into a single cover designs or whether i will need to make a choice. Next i need to start working on full wrap around cover instead of a single side, I also need to add the text to start the process of trialing out various compositions, colours and fonts, possibly hand drawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment