Monday 26 February 2018

Covers



Here are a few variations of possible cover designs. I decided to make a couple of simpler variants with scales down illustrations to make it easier to clearly include the text that was specified in the brief. Although I think these work as book covers they look a bit plain. I don't think they would stand out in a book shop. I wanted to treat this brief as an opportunity to test out ideas and work differently to my usual practice. The first image in this presentation is my final cover, it combines elements of both of my previous front cover designs. I think the front and back work both independently but also as an overall image when the cover is opened up. The diagonal line has been reversed across the covers and adds some colour contrast and shape to the spine of the book to make it stand out more on a book shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment