Sunday 18 October 2015

Typology Concepts


 For this A-Z i wanted to take the characters from Studio Ghibli films and place them in real life situations. The situations are dark and contrast well with the beautiful illustrations and fantasy world of Studio Ghibli. The problem with this list is that the viewer would need a good knowledge of the animations to appreciate the concept.


 In my original list of ideas i wrote down an A-Z of dogs however when I thought about it the idea is a bit dull. I decided to still keep the same idea but draw the same dog for each letter but change what the dog is doing. I tried to make each letter funny and light hearted.


 For this list i chose to draw a portrait of famous boxers. Like the first list the viewer would need a knowledge of the subject matter, also due to the alphabet format I had to leave out a lot of big names and include some very obscure ones.


 I normally cycle everywhere i go but on the day we received this project it was raining so i caught the bus and was reminded of all the reasons i hate it. I wanted to make a list that people could relate to. I struggled with one or two of the letters but i think nearly all the situations are things people will have experienced and hated.


 After talking to the other people in the group i realised that they were talking about lists of tv programs and cartoons I didn't know as I'm older than them. I decided I wanted to do a list of cartoons that I watched growing up. Originally I wanted to stick to 80's cartoons but had to include a few 90's ones to complete the list.


 I had the idea to create an alternative group of Mister Men and Little Miss characters. They are fun interesting characters that are enjoyable to draw. This theme opened up a lot of possibilities as it is less specific and allowed me to really use my imagination. I would really like to make a full colour poster of this concept.


 I decided to create an A-Z of hats because I thought it could look good as a very graphic minimal line drawing. This idea could look really good but the concept is quite dull.


 I think this list of facial hair could be a challenging concept to complete. I would like all the portraits to be detailed line drawings. I think some of the ideas are quite funny and could look really good as a poster.


 I really like some of the drawings from this list of animal clothing especially the pelican scarf, octopus gloves and rattlesnake sock. I thought a couple of the ideas were good like the quail bullet proof vest  but overall the list is fairly random.



I really like this idea, i skateboarded when i was younger and i rock climb and cycle a lot now so have a lot of experience with falling. I think everyone will find at least one or two falls they can relate to and some more they find funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment