Sunday 4 October 2015

Observational Drawing

Obsevational Drawing


I chose this fine liner drawing of an axe head because i found it challenging. the shape of the axe head was fairly simple making it difficult to create an interesting depiction of it however the surface was covered in hundreds of minute marks caused by the processes used to make it.


I chose this drawing of a parrot skeleton as i really enjoyed making it. In contrast to the axe head the parrot skeleton has a complex structure made up of interesting shapes and textures. i drew this using a brush pen then neatened up some of the lines with a fineliner.

I chose this very quick sketch of a note pad and pens because i like the loose overlapping outlines and strong shading. i don't often draw at this kind of speed and found it extremely challenging.



I found the 2 days of observational drawing enjoyable but extremely challenging. I have been drawing for years outside of education and have become set in my ways. This exercise challenged me to work outside my comfort zone in terms of techniques, materials and context.I think continuing these kind of observational processes will improve my work.





No comments:

Post a Comment