Sunday 18 October 2015

Typology Chosen Concept and Finished Piece

There were two or three of my original ideas that i really liked. I was stuck between the list of falls, Mister Men and Little Miss, and the reasons to hate catching the bus. I was leaning towards choosing the list of falling  as i thought I could illustrate each fall well fairly easily using simplified characters making it easy to understand while making it look nice. I thought that the Mister Men and Little Miss idea would only look good done in full colour and with some more work done a some of the characters that didn't really work. I liked the bus idea but wasn't sure how well I could illustrate each situation to communicate the scenario however after the feedback i received in the croup crit I decided to change to the bus idea as it got by far the most positive response. I think it got this response because it is a scenario that everybody could relate to and made people feel a connection to it.


I drew each idea at the scale they would be on the final poster to get better idea of how they would look when finished. I kept the simple line work and characters as i liked the way the simple facial expressions communicated the depressing reality of each letter. I added some extra details and slightly changed the layout of some of the images i wasn't happy with.


This is my final Poster, I used a light box to trace my designs onto the A2 sheet and drew them using a fine liner. I wanted to add a couple of levels of tone and decided to use copics markers as I've used them before and they work well with fine liner. after adding the first layer of shadow with a very light grey I decided not to add anymore. I think more tones of grey would of over complicated the illustrations and made them look cluttered. I am happy with the concept of this poster but think i could have spent more time on the layout and the lettering for the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment