Sunday 17 April 2016

Ella 9

I got rid of the border completely and made a silhouette out of the lettering form the piece. this allowed me to make a more interesting shapes border for the characters without using a border. This keeps the composition lighter and more open. In my previous print outs the 2 tones in Alice's hair were hard to distinguish between so I lightened them and tried create more contrast. I also changed the skin tone to balance the composition that had previously been too dark towards the bottom. i changed the positioning of the colour fade in the background so that there was a glow around Alice's face to highlight her. I tried a range of other textures to try and find something more subtle that would still give the vectors a nice crafted feel. I experimented with creased paper and tried using tea to stain the paper and bring out the imperfections. in the end i used a scan of an inside cover page from an old book. The paper has a really nice grain to it with a few marks and imperfections but is lighter coloured and not as distracting form the vectors as previous textures I have used. 
I made some changes to the quote as well. I wanted it to look like ink on the page that had faded in places.



No comments:

Post a Comment