Monday 18 April 2016

Ella 10


I got my printing done on Thursday in the digital print room. I was quite nervous to see if it would come out right as I only had chance to get one appointment in time for the hand in. Before taking my work to the print I resized the images with a 3mm bleed and crop marks. The printing went well and i'm glad I spent so much time making adjustments and printing off all the different versions.


I made the postcards ands stamps using the same elements that make up the poster. This way I could keep a constant theme throughout and they could all work as a set. Having 3 characters on the poster meant that I could dedicate a postcard to each. I tried to create compositions that make the most of the shape of the characters. The postcards allowed me to have a chance to put together an image tailored to that one specific character without having to think about balancing out a more complex layout.


In the stamp designs I framed the images very close up. I wanted to make the beaks and mouth of the characters look almost like patterns. I have used elements from my poster to make my postcards and stamps changing the composition in each. I have tried to use the lettering to create movement in the pieces giving the feeling of the sounds surrounding Ella Fitzgerald in her last days. Working this way means that the three different dimensions I have worked with will have a lot of similarities but I think I have used scale and layout to make each image stand out from one another while remaining part of a set.


No comments:

Post a Comment