Friday 15 April 2016

Ella 4


I wanted to use the sounds of Alice laughing and the birds singing to draw comparisons with Ella's scat singing. I needed to find a range of sounds for birds tweeting and laughter so I looked up the ways that laughter is written down in different languages.

WWW-Japanese
RSRSRSRS-Brazilian
55555-Thai
AH AH AH-Italian
KKKKK-Korean
HI HI-Icelandic
MDR-French
XA XA XA-Hebrew
JAJAJA-Spanish

Finding these gave me lots more options for the sounds I could use in this image and gave me the idea to search for the ways animal sounds are translated in different languages. I found an illustrator that had made a book of lots of different animal noises and their translations.


This book provided some perfect inspiration for my work and made my research a lot easier. There is a good range of sounds allowing me to add variation to the ones I choose making them more comparable to scat singing.


No comments:

Post a Comment