Thursday 3 December 2015

Mark Making

I should have made this blog post a few weeks ago when I made these images but I forgot. This does offer me a chance to look back at the drawings with a fresh perspective. I think a couple of these images although created as mark making would fit better in the shape task, I was trying out different ways to use fine liners, paint markers and copics and found myself drawing in blocks of solid black with no outline.




I decided to keep working on the theme of mythical creatures by making up my own using combinations of animals. I like working with block shapes and bold contrasts between light and dark. I found that the more you remover the detail and concentrate your mark making purely on shadow the better the images looked. The solid black on the Gorillacrow is interesting and i think would look good in combination with good use of negative space. I think i need to try out more media to see what different textures and marks i can achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment