Saturday 5 December 2015

meanwood Towers photos

 this is a photo of meanwood towers taken in 1950 before the chimenys had been removed for saftery reasons, Apart form the chimneys the building remains intact with all its original features although it has been turned into flats. I would like to show the changes that have taken place over the years, especially the building surroundings and residents.


 This is a photo I took on Friday showing the building with the chimneys missing and its new residential surroundings. The buildings gothic designs is enhanced by the plain modern building that surround it. The building is tucked away on a dead end street away from the main road adding to its horror movie mystique.


I decided to make a quick digital rough of the chimneys that have been removed shown as a ghostly presence on the roof of the building. I would like to tell the story of the building and its inhabitants changing over time. I have a friend that lives in Meanwood Towers on the top floor so I will gon and take some photos and interview him.

No comments:

Post a Comment