Saturday 5 December 2015

Meanwood Towers Photos 2

 I got some close up shots of the doorway and balcony on the front of the building which both have some really nice detail i could use in my picture book. I want to illustrate the building a few differnet times throughout the book each time in a different way. I think the drawing of the original building as it looked years ago could be in black and white maybe with a colour backdrop. I also want to draw the building as a silhouette with the flats visible inside to show the modern living and stories of the residents. my friend lives on the top floor so I was thinking I could depict him as the lord of the house and contrast his lifestyle with the original owner. 
I need to take a trip to St Bartholimew's in Armley to look at the organ and figure out how to show its influence on the building, this opens up lots of possibilities to add a new angle to the picture book both in concept an layout. 



 I tried out a quick idea to colour the building with sold grey tones with no shading or highlights. I like the effect it creates especially against a colourful background and would like to try this with a completed illustration of the building. 
If I am going to compare modern living in the house with the original owner I need to do more research into life at the time and try to discover any similarities.


No comments:

Post a Comment