Saturday 2 December 2017

Window Desgn Brief

The Elmwood studios window project brief was to create a design for the front widows of the building. The briefs theme was left open but we were asked to consider creativity, the secret life of a design studio and the surrounding areas as possible ideas. The design had a budget of £500. In the past I have seen the brief completed using paint markers but I liked the idea of creating something digitally and using see through vinyl to apply it to the windows. That way the design would be exactly as I designed it and not constrained by the media.

I focussed on the idea of creativity and being inspired by what is around us. I sketched out the idea using the template provided. the idea behind the design was a rainbow coming into the studio through the window representing an idea. The idea was then communicated between the members of the team through a range of methods and technologies. I wanted to highlight and celebrate the creative process and collaboration. The rainbow then exits through the opposite window as the idea goes back out into the world as designs and products. I applied textures to the illustration to give it a hand crafted feel and make it more appealing. The rainbows look like they have been drawn using pencil crayon and the characters are drawn with rough edges and imperfections. I originally drew the characters as outlines to make the rainbow stand out but decided to make the entire illustration full colour to stand out more clearly on the window.



No comments:

Post a Comment