Friday 8 December 2017

Carmelite Prize roughs



These are my roughs for the Carmelite prize. At this stage I am roughing out ideas to see how the aesthetic and composition will work with the narrative of the book. I think that using scale will be important, depicting the small young sea otter venturing into the big wide world by herself. Not just with the landscape but with the creatures she encounters on the way. This use of scale could help the reader relate to the character and make the story more immersive. The entire book takes place at sea and the only real changes to the setting are moving from above the water to swimming underneath. I will need to make sure I experiment with a range of compositions to make the books layout more interesting. The compositions could easily become monotonous if not carefully considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment